The Human Factors in Hazardous Environments course develops your knowledge and skills in the application of Human Factors (HF) principles in a variety of hazardous environments that you may encounter when providing care or rescue activities.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- State the key principles of human factors/ergonomics.
- Describe the complexity of overall system performance and the impact that this has on risk management and critical incident outcomes.
- Utilise a human factors approach to critical incident debriefing in order to learn key lessons and adapt systems of work accordingly.
- Recognise elements that may impact human/team performance and how to mitigate their impact.
What does the course cover?
- Human Factors
- Perception / Situational Awareness
- Ergonomics / System Design
- Organisational Culture
- Leadership & Decision Making
- Hazard Perception
- The effects of fatigue and stress on the individual
- Hazardous Environments experience
- Working Near or in Water
- Working at Height
- Confined / Restricted Space Environments
How will the course be delivered?
This course is delivered face to face at our specialist technical training centre in Snowdonia, North Wales and is supported by online learning activities after the course.
How long is the course?
Attendance = 4 days
Continuous feedback is used throughout the course.
On completion of the course, you will receive an ORMS “Certificate of Attendance”.
The price includes lunches and refreshments. All specialist Personal Protective Equipment is provided for use on the course.
You can book an “Open” course delivered at our venue in Snowdonia, North Wales. If the course has insufficient numbers then the date may be changed. You will always receive at least 14 days notice if this occurs and will be offered a refund if the date is not convenient for you.
Corporate pricing is available, we are able to deliver training at your own site (subject to suitability of the venue) or at our site. This enables you to book entire courses, secure dates that are convenient for your organisation and reduce your costs.
Want to know more?
If you’d like to find out more about this course, thinking of registering or are looking to find out if we can tailor a course to your needs, then please feel free to get in touch with us.