The management of open wounds is one of the most common skills required by health care professionals in prehospital care. When applied appropriately this may remove the need for hospital admission and may be used in for treatment at sporting events through to remote environments.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Assess a wound to ascertain its appropriateness for prehospital management
- Select the most appropriate wound closure technique
- Understand the legal issues related to wound closure
- Use a variety of techniques to manage a wound, including:
- Simple dressings
- Wound closure strips
- Tissue glue
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at healthcare professionals, including:
What does the course cover?
- Clinical decision making in relation to wound closure
- Referral to other Healthcare Professionals
- Contraindications to wound closure
- Wound assessment
- Wound closure techniques
- Legal considerations
How will the course be delivered?
This course is delivered as a 1 day, face to face workshop. You will be part of a small group to enable plenty of hands-on time.
How long is the course?
- Attendance = 1 day
Continuous feedback is used throughout the course.
On completion of the course, you will receive an ORMS certificate of “Successful Completion”