By working closely with other professionals we are able to ensure that the content of our courses are relevant and meet the needs of our patients. We achieve this through a number of initiatives:
- Partnering with our local hospital trust, specifically Ysbytty Gwynedd, to embed teaching and input to our programmes through the clinical fellow initiative, and other specialist staff
- ED Consultants
- Clinical education department
- Specialist Nurses
- Partnering with the Local BASICS scheme, drawing on the expertise of BASICS Paramedic and Doctors
- Working closely with HM Coastguard Helicopter Search and Rescue (Bristow Helicopters) to ensure lessons from hazardous and austere environments are learned on top of the more traditional approach to Paramedic Education
- Working closely with the North Wales Fire and Rescue Service to provide “Cross Training” to Firefighters thus allowing the opportunity for Fire Service educators and personnel to provide education and input to our programmes.
We believe that by working in this way, we are able to provide education that addresses the relationship between services to achieve the common goal of patient care.